My life while the world spins madly on...

Thoughts arising while working as a scientist or just randomly spinning from my brain.

I don't give a damn, I'm happy as a clam, nobody knows me at all

[This and the section title borrowed from the Weepies - great lyrics.]

Everything here is just what I think and does not represent opinion of my employer or anybody else. See the Impressum.

Friday 18 October 2013

A praise for The Weepies #theweepies

Travelling back from a great status symposium in Hannover I am tired, tired, tired. The last two days have been very intense and the nights rather short: drinking late, starting early. Talks were very interesting and I spoke to many great colleagues. Although it was quite a small meeting I met one colleague I hadn't chatted with at all, only when boarding the train. It is rather unfortunate that after two long days with a lot of science the brain is so flooded with impressions. One can hardly find words to chat.

Having spent the first half of the train journey working on my thesis and a paper I am finding myself so tired by now, that the only thing I really can do is write a praise on The Weepies. Recently I discovered this band and their 2006 album 'say i am you' through this video http://vimeo.com/14803194, which was mentioned on #Diaspora I think. Anyway, this is such a beautiful music, especially 'World Spins Madly Round' and 'Living In Twilight'. Well actually most of the album is just great, moving, thoughtful. Highly recommend it.

Although I am surely not one of these "Kölle is dä beste Ort üverhauopt" guys, I must admit that there is something to it when you cross the Rhein at night and see the Dom coming up in front of you. Even more so when listening to Dire Straits and their 'Going Home' on Alchemy.

No comments: