My life while the world spins madly on...

Thoughts arising while working as a scientist or just randomly spinning from my brain.

I don't give a damn, I'm happy as a clam, nobody knows me at all

[This and the section title borrowed from the Weepies - great lyrics.]

Everything here is just what I think and does not represent opinion of my employer or anybody else. See the Impressum.

Saturday 7 June 2014

Teaching #Genomology and #Unix

So the last week (and part of the week before) I have been teaching in my first own Master module. With my students I am delving into computational analysis of evolutionary biology. Therefore most of the students had first to get accustomed with Linux/Unix based computer system. I am very surprised (and pleased to see) how much effort they are putting into this, some virtually starting at zero. In between we do have talks and discussions about evolutionary biology, which are also a lot of fun. Have to say: I like teaching this motivated group.

However, now that it is the weeking, I am also happy to take a break. As there is a holiday next week, I can use the time to get on with some paper writing, poster designing, talk preparations, ah, well and science...

To get my head clear for that, I just watched Riddick. ;-)

 

No comments: